The Junior Talent Show returns to the Kendall County Fair, and we are looking for the young talent of Kendall County. Kids 14 and under are invited to compete for the chance to represent Kendall County at the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs in Springfield in January. The type of talent is open to any stage act…from vocalists, to dancers, to musicians, to gymnasts, to magicians…. the list is almost endless.
Entry must be received on or before August 6, 2017 at the Fair Office.
Entry fee of $10 for an individual or $20 for a duet or group.
Each contestant must fill out form with parent/guardian information.
Ribbons awarded to the top 5 contestants. Cash prize for the top three winners.
1. The entry act must be a resident of Kendall County.
2. Any act that performs over the four-minute time limit will be disqualified. Contestant is not to give an
introduction to their act. The Emcee will announce the act and the act will begin immediately after.
3. Age limits of the Junior Division:
All contestants can be 14 years old or younger on the day and date of the local contest. Junior
division contestants can be 15 years old when competing at the State Level in January if they met the
age requirements at their local contest.
4. Floor microphones will be the only equipment furnished. Anything else required for the act must be supplied
by the contestant.
5. The panel of judges’ decisions will be final.
6. There will be a setup time limit of three minutes per act. This will be timed.
7. To lessen sound prop confusion. When using a CD accompaniment, only the song the contestant is using
shall be on the CD. No like talent is allowed on the recording. (i.e. vocal, tap dancing, any like instrument, etc.)
This will be closely monitored.
8. All acts must check in at the Family Stage by 1:30 PM on August 6, 2017 for contest rule reminders and to
determine order of performance.
9. The winner is expected to represent Kendall County Fair at the Illinois Agricultural Fair Convention in
Springfield in January 2017.